Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Douglas Pollard

Default video problems in Ubuntu

On 01/16/2012 04:27 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Douglas Pollard<dougpol1@verizon.net> wrote:

My computer is dual core processor 2300 Mhtz 1Gig memory i686 two 250 G
hard drives. I have downloaded video from Internet archives. I can play
them and put on the time line of several video editors and watch them. I can
watch them in Mplayer and other media I cannot render from any of them.
Ubuntu crashes.

! What exactly do you mean "Ubuntu crashes". It gets very slow?

What video editor are you using? What version of Ubuntu have you installed?

OK i have tried several video programs. Open shot, Cinelerra, Lives, and
Kdenlive, as well as kino. I am running 10.04.3. No there is no
slowing the computer shuts down instantly turns completely off. That
gives me an idea I have 11. 4 on another drive I may give that a
try? Doug

Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Douglas Pollard

A little off topic. The video is berkl line in 1927 with no sound. I
hae an elderly man almost 100 years old I put it on his daughters xp
machine and he is watching it and doing a voice over in German and
English and saving it so I can put it on the video. Its a great silent
movie I have some really fine music in the public domain for it and am
very excited about it. This is really important to me. I plan to put
it on Vimeo and Youtube ether in the public domain or creative commons.
There may not be anyone else left in the world that can remebr where and
what the scenes in the movie are and narriate it in both
languages. Doug

Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Douglas Pollard

[...]

Excuse me, it's Berlin instaed of berkl line

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Basil Chupin