Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Douglas Pollard

Default video problems in Ubuntu

My computer is dual core processor 2300 Mhtz 1Gig memory i686 two 250
G hard drives. I have downloaded video from Internet archives. I can
play them and put on the time line of several video editors and watch
them. I can watch them in Mplayer and other media I cannot render from
any of them. Ubuntu crashes. I have down loaded in severl different
formats but can't e render. I am busy reading the help in the Internet
archives and have been asking question from the video editor web sites.
I am guessing the problems are in the down loads I have converted them
into other formats but still no success. I doubt the problem is with
ubuntu because this morning I had a friend down load one of them and
try to render them in the windows movie maker and they crashed windows
as well. The video is an hour long I tride rendering and saving the
part that had rendered, the first one was 15 min. long and the rest a
little shorter. I put them all on the editor time line and they played
fine but still would not render. All the files I used had been rendered
to mpeg 2. I have been working on this well over a week with no
success. Anybody got any ideas??
I am not getting any messages saying I am running out of memory
though that might be the problem.
Doug

Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Douglas Pollard <dougpol1@verizon.net> wrote:
> *My computer is dual core processor 2300 Mhtz 1Gig memory i686 two 250 G
> *hard drives. *I have downloaded video from Internet archives. I can play
> them and put on the time line of several video editors and watch them. I can
> watch them in Mplayer and other media *I cannot render from any of them.
> Ubuntu crashes.

! What exactly do you mean "Ubuntu crashes". It gets very slow?

What video editor are you using? What version of Ubuntu have you installed?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com