Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Rafiq Hajat

Default Mike not functioning in Lucid Lynx

Hi guys,
I recently acquired an Acer Netbook Aspire One D255 series and promptly
installed lucid Lynx from a Live Cd. It all seemed to work okay except
for a message saying that Ubuntu could not recognise wmd devices. But
the sound seemed to work, so I wasn't all that bothered...until I found
that the inbuilt mike doesn't work and neither does the bluetooth
adapter. Details are as follows:

Soundcard: Intel Corp N10/CH7 Family High Definition Audio (rev 02)

Subsystem: Acer Incorporated (ALI) Device 0349

This is quite distressing because I am working away from home and rely
on Skype to keep in touch with my family and friends back home. I
therefore seek your help in resolving these issues.
Cheers!
--
Rafiq Hajat <ipi.malawi@gmail.com>
IPI

Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Rafiq Hajat <ipi.malawi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I recently acquired an Acer Netbook Aspire One D255 series and promptly
> installed lucid Lynx from a Live Cd. It all seemed to work okay except
> for a message saying that Ubuntu could not recognise wmd devices. But
> the sound seemed to work, so I wasn't all that bothered...until I found
> that the inbuilt mike doesn't work and neither does the bluetooth
> adapter. Details are as follows:
>
> Soundcard: Intel Corp N10/CH7 Family High Definition Audio (rev 02)
>
> Subsystem: Acer Incorporated (ALI) Device 0349
>
> This is quite distressing because I am working away from home and rely
> on Skype to keep in touch with my family and friends back home. I
> therefore seek your help in resolving these issues.
> Cheers!

I think the simplest solution is to install Ubuntu 11.10, or one of
its official variants like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.

Regarding Skype, you may also have a look at the free Ekiga instead.
It is very good, although I know Skype gets all the hype.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com