Old 01-15-2012, 01:27 PM
stan

Default using a proxy to get required items by apt-et?

I use some Ubuntu LTS machines to support Hirschmann network switches. These
switches have a Java applet that I cannot seem to make work with anything
except the real Oracle Java package.

A kind Ubuntu user showed my how to get that installed automatically using
the package from duinsoft.nl. This package automatically downloads and
installs the Oracle package. I have made this work on the one machine thta
has direct access to the outside. On my other machines, which do not have
direct outside access, I use apt-proxy-ng to allow these machines to access
the repositories. This works fine, but these machines cannot download the
Oracle package.

How can I set these machines such that they can use proxy to download these
packages?