Old 01-14-2012, 03:13 PM
CJ Tres

Default exec command

On 01/14/2012 09:01 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 4:09 PM, CJ Tres<ctres@grics.net> wrote:

On 01/14/2012 07:42 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

Assuming you want the easy way, in Ubuntu 11.10 desktop, you can use
the "Search for files" program.

This also misses some of the files of the type html/text.

You can search for the string

inside files.

It is the option "Contains the text", in this program.

Hmmm... it's the only option that's grayed out!?

Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM, CJ Tres <ctres@grics.net> wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 09:01 AM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
>>
>> You can search for the string

>> inside files.
>>
>> It is the option "Contains the text", in this program.
>>

> Hmmm... it's the only option that's grayed out!?

There's an Add button on its right. You have to press it.

What version of Ubuntu have you installed? Is it Ubuntu, or one of its
variants, like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM
CJ Tres

It is the option "Contains the text", in this program.

Hmmm... it's the only option that's grayed out!?

There's an Add button on its right. You have to press it.

What version of Ubuntu have you installed? Is it Ubuntu, or one of its
variants, like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc?

Running Natty under the Xubuntu desktop which I just added.