Old 01-12-2012, 06:01 PM
NoOp

Default equalizer for ubuntu 11.10

On 01/12/2012 08:23 AM, G. wrote:
> Is there a sound equalizer compatible with Ubuntu 11.10?
>
> I added a repository from
> https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8 and I then found
> this by searching for equalizer. Does anyone have experience with
> this?
>
> Alsaequal is a real-time adjustable equalizer plugin for ALSA. It can
> be adjusted using an ALSA compatible mixer, like alsamixergui or
> alsamixer.
>
> Alsaequal uses the Eq CAPS LADSPA Plugin for audio processing, actually
> alsaequal is a generic LADSPA plugin interface with real-time access to
> the LADSPA controls (the LADSPA plugin included with alsa doesn't allow
> for real-time controls) but it was developed for and only tested with
> Eq CAPS LADSPA plugin.
Same PPA:
<https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+index?batch=75&memo=150&start=150>
pulseaudio-equalizer 2.7.0.2-2~webupd8~oneiric3

<http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/wiki/display/docs/Pulseaudio-equalizer>
<http://davidjb.com/blog/2011/12/configuring-pulseaudio-equalizer-defaults>

Old 01-13-2012, 05:11 AM
"G. "

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 08:23 AM, G. wrote:
>> Is there a sound equalizer compatible with Ubuntu 11.10?
>>
>> I added a repository from
>> https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8 *and I then found
>> this by searching for equalizer. *Does anyone have experience with
>> this?
>>
>> Alsaequal is a real-time adjustable equalizer plugin for ALSA. It can
>> be adjusted using an ALSA compatible mixer, like alsamixergui or
>> alsamixer.
>>
>> Alsaequal uses the Eq CAPS LADSPA Plugin for audio processing, actually
>> alsaequal is a generic LADSPA plugin interface with real-time access to
>> the LADSPA controls (the LADSPA plugin included with alsa doesn't allow
>> for real-time controls) but it was developed for and only tested with
>> Eq CAPS LADSPA plugin.
> Same PPA:
> <https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+index?batch=75&memo=150&start=150>
> pulseaudio-equalizer * *2.7.0.2-2~webupd8~oneiric3
>
> <http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/wiki/display/docs/Pulseaudio-equalizer>
> <http://davidjb.com/blog/2011/12/configuring-pulseaudio-equalizer-defaults>

Thanks for the reply!

I added <https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+index?batch=75&memo=150&start=150.
When I add libasound2-plugin-equal Synaptic wants to remove a bunch
of files, among them chrome-browser and firefox. This is the part of
the process that concerns me. Is the equalizer incompatible with
chrome and Firefox? That's why I wondered if this equalizer is
compatible.

Thanks

garyk

Old 01-13-2012, 09:54 PM
NoOp

On 01/12/2012 10:11 PM, G. wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM, NoOp <> wrote:
>> Same PPA:
>> <https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+index?batch=75&memo=150&start=150>
>> pulseaudio-equalizer 2.7.0.2-2~webupd8~oneiric3
>>
>> <http://wiki.foresightlinux.org/wiki/display/docs/Pulseaudio-equalizer>
>> <http://davidjb.com/blog/2011/12/configuring-pulseaudio-equalizer-defaults>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I added <https://launchpad.net/~nilarimogard/+archive/webupd8/+index?batch=75&memo=150&start=150.
> When I add libasound2-plugin-equal Synaptic wants to remove a bunch
> of files, among them chrome-browser and firefox. This is the part of
> the process that concerns me. Is the equalizer incompatible with
> chrome and Firefox? That's why I wondered if this equalizer is
> compatible.

It is compatible. It's system-wide. I didn't install the ppa, I just
downloaded the .deb from the ppa and installed:
<http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu/pool/main/p/pulseaudio-equalizer/>