Old 01-11-2012, 12:03 PM
"G. "

Default flash player question

I went to http://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx (this is for
artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
in. If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. Checking
software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
Plugin 10 installed. The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
mine is not, so I installed 10. I get the same message on the
previously referenced site.

I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
both have Flash enabled.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

gary

Old 01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Basil Chupin

artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
in. If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. Checking
software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
Plugin 10 installed. The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
mine is not, so I installed 10. I get the same message on the
previously referenced site.

I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
both have Flash enabled.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

gary

Of course you wear boxing gloves when you go to this site, right?

What you don't mention is which version of Ubuntu (and whether it is
64-bit or 32-bit) you are using and which version of Firefox. The latest
version of Flash is 11.

BC

--
It is easy to convince people of something, but hard to keep them convinced.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Johnny

I didn't start this question. I am using Ubuntu 11.10 Firefox is 9.0.1.
In my Software Center there are 2 flash one is Adobe Flash plugin(
flashplugin-installer 11.1.102.55ubuntu0.11.10.1) that is what I use and
Ubuntu installed it auto. The other flash is called Adobe Flash plugin
10 (it says it is Adode Flash Player plugin version 11) what is the
difference in the to. Not important just wandering.

Thanks and God Bless Johnny3 65++
That little 10 year old gets more done in a day than I do in a month.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM
"G. "

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> On 12/01/12 00:03, G. wrote:
>>
>> I went to http://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx (this is for
>> artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
>> in. *If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. *Checking
>> software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
>> Plugin 10 installed. *The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
>> mine is not, so I installed 10. *I get the same message on the
>> previously referenced site.
>>
>> I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
>> both have Flash enabled.
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> gary
>>
> Of course you wear boxing gloves when you go to this site, right?
>
> What you don't mention is which version of Ubuntu (and whether it is 64-bit
> or 32-bit) you are using and which version of Firefox. The latest version of
> Flash is 11.
>
> BC

Always wear boxing gloves, 24/7. Ubuntu 11.10, Firefox 9.0.1

I have Flash 11 installed.

Thanks

gary

Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM
"G. "

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM, G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@iinet.net.au> wrote:
>> On 12/01/12 00:03, G. wrote:
>>>
>>> I went to http://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx (this is for
>>> artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
>>> in. *If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. *Checking
>>> software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
>>> Plugin 10 installed. *The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
>>> mine is not, so I installed 10. *I get the same message on the
>>> previously referenced site.
>>>
>>> I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
>>> both have Flash enabled.
>>>
>>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> gary
>>>
>> Of course you wear boxing gloves when you go to this site, right?
>>
>> What you don't mention is which version of Ubuntu (and whether it is 64-bit
>> or 32-bit) you are using and which version of Firefox. The latest version of
>> Flash is 11.
>>
>> BC
>>

> Always wear boxing gloves, 24/7. *Ubuntu 11.10, Firefox 9.0.1
>
> I have Flash 11 installed.
>
> Thanks
>
> gary

I had previously tried Flash plugin.

gary

Old 01-12-2012, 08:53 PM
NoOp

On 01/11/2012 05:03 AM, G. wrote:
> I went to http://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx (this is for
> artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
> in. If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. Checking
> software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
> Plugin 10 installed. The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
> mine is not, so I installed 10. I get the same message on the
> previously referenced site.
>
> I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
> both have Flash enabled.
It doesn't matter, the site will dispay that regardless of which Flash
version you have. I have:
File: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102.
and it still displays it. As long as you have Flash enabled, the site
works; click on one of the pictures and you will see the enlarge pic in
the right. There you can zoom etc via flash.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 AM
"G. "

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 01/11/2012 05:03 AM, G. wrote:
>> I went to http://www.posespace.com/posetool/default.aspx (this is for
>> artist's models not porn) and it is asking me to get the flash plug
>> in. *If you follow the link you get to Adobe's page. *Checking
>> software center I already have Adobe Flash Plugin but not Adobe Flash
>> Plugin 10 installed. *The former seems to be for 64 bit systems, which
>> mine is not, so I installed 10. *I get the same message on the
>> previously referenced site.
>>
>> I checked both Chrome and Firefox and both gave the same message, and
>> both have Flash enabled.
> It doesn't matter, the site will dispay that regardless of which Flash
> version you have. I have:
> * *File: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
> * *Version:
> * *Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102.
> and it still displays it. As long as you have Flash enabled, the site
> works; click on one of the pictures and you will see the enlarge pic in
> the right. There you can zoom etc via flash.
>

> --

Can you rotate the model? I can not. I can 'show all angles' though
(good enough of course).

garyk

Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Ioannis Vranos

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you rotate the model? *I can not. *I can 'show all angles' though
> (good enough of course).

I tested the site under Windows Vista with the latest Internet
Explorer, Firefox, and Adobe Flash 11, and there it appears the same
too. That is, it doesn't rotate.

Perhaps you need an account to do that, or buy the photos? Or the web
site's technology is very old, and it doesn't work with the latest
Adobe Flash 11.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
"G. "

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Ioannis Vranos
<ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM, G. <pegngaryubuntu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you rotate the model? *I can not. *I can 'show all angles' though
>> (good enough of course).
>
> I tested the site under Windows Vista with the latest Internet
> Explorer, Firefox, and Adobe Flash 11, and there it appears the same
> too. That is, it doesn't rotate.
>
> Perhaps you need an account to do that, or buy the photos? Or the web
> site's technology is very old, and it doesn't work with the latest
> Adobe Flash 11.
>

> --
> Ioannis Vranos
>
> http://cppsoftware.binhoster.com

Ah that was a good idea, trying it on windows. I did not think an
acct was necessary but maybe I missed something.

thanks!

gary