Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Christopher Sacchi

Default Becoming a Partner

Hello,
I was wondering if I could speak to someone about being a partner. I
am 10 years old, and like Ubuntu enough that I installed it on the
computers I have.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 PM
"vladinator@gmail.com"

Wow! You go little man!!!

Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:03 AM
NoOp

http://www.ubuntu.com/partners

Old 01-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Colin Law

On 11 January 2012 00:21, Christopher Sacchi <thomasbtmn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was wondering if I could speak to someone about being a partner. I
> am 10 years old, and like Ubuntu enough that I installed it on the
> computers I have.

Are you sure that you want to become specifically a partner as in
NoOp's link? Can you say in more detail what it is that you want to
do?

Colin

Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Pop Horea

I'm interested to have you as a partener. I use too, Ubuntu and I have a site in development. For now is in a free host but in 5 days it will be on particular domain: .org.Link to the site: *http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/*-- the site is in develpment. It will contain wideo-tutorials and the subpage of the organization.It will be: http://lnxopensource.org in few days.I need for the moment any help regarding the site finish. After that will be needed a author, editor or an administrator for the Organization page.This project is NON-PROFIT, so please consider to think if you want to be a part of it.*

Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:48:03 -0800 (PST)
Pop Horea <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Link to the site: *http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/

I was excited about a new Linux option for learning until I saw that it
is video tutorials. Count me out. Give me text. It is easier to DL,
doesn't take nearly as much of my time and you can cram much more
information into a /lot/ smaller space.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:43 PM

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:56, Cybe R. Wizard
<cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:48:03 -0800 (PST)
> Pop Horea <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Link to the site: *http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/
>
> I was excited about a new Linux option for learning until I saw that it
> is video tutorials. *Count me out. *Give me text. *It is easier to DL,
> doesn't take nearly as much of my time and you can cram much more
> information into a /lot/ smaller space.

http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/accessories/74-root-password

Not a bad idea for a video blog with how-tos, but I'd be more
concerned with the accuracy and overload...

Accuracy: in the example linked above, Ubuntu has no root password by
default, so your title and some of the instruction are incorrect.
You're changing your own user password, not the Root password. To
set/change the root password, you'd need to enable that for the root
account.

Overload: Half of that video is about setting up a firewall and has
NOTHING to do with changing any passwords, and isn't even mentioned in
the description of the video.

So there's at least one example (the first one I looked at) that shows
a good bit of room for improvement.

That being said, I like the concept, it just needs some polish.

Cheers,

Jeff

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Pop Horea

OK Mr. Jeff.It is very true what you wrote. I can't deny.*Please give me your help and become my partner. You can write an e-mail at this adress: pop.horea@yahoo.com or add me in messenger with pop.horea or skype: pop.horea1.We will discuss about your account on the site.Really need someone to work with me
at this project.I live in Romania and here it is 8 a clock. 3 or 4 hours I'm available.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Pop Horea

Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:43:38 -0500
J <dreadpiratejeff@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:56, Cybe R. Wizard
> <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:48:03 -0800 (PST)
> > Pop Horea <pop.horea@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Link to the site: *http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/
> >
> > I was excited about a new Linux option for learning until I saw
> > that it is video tutorials. *Count me out. *Give me text. *It is
> > easier to DL, doesn't take nearly as much of my time and you can
> > cram much more information into a /lot/ smaller space.
>
> http://lnxopensource.binhoster.com/accessories/74-root-password
>
> Not a bad idea for a video blog with how-tos, but I'd be more
> concerned with the accuracy and overload...
>
> Accuracy: in the example linked above, Ubuntu has no root password by
> default, so your title and some of the instruction are incorrect.
> You're changing your own user password, not the Root password. To
> set/change the root password, you'd need to enable that for the root
> account.
>
> Overload: Half of that video is about setting up a firewall and has
> NOTHING to do with changing any passwords, and isn't even mentioned in
> the description of the video.
>
> So there's at least one example (the first one I looked at) that shows
> a good bit of room for improvement.
>
> That being said, I like the concept, it just needs some polish.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Please note that you are replying to Pop Horea, not me, although your