Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 AM
rikona

Default a file - maybe?

Running 10.04. I have a dir in which Konqueror insists there is a file
[as reported in 'properties']. Konq does not show anything in that dir
though. A root terminal, in that dir, does not show anything
either[with ls]. Nautilus says '0 items' - but when I try to look
inside that dir, it seems to permanently hang with 'loading' instead
of the usual 'empty' on actually empty dirs - so something seems
fishy. What's really there, and how can I tell? If there, it might be
an important file, so need to know...

Thanks,

rikona

Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM, rikona <rikona@sonic.net> wrote:
> Running 10.04. I have a dir in which Konqueror insists there is a file
> [as reported in 'properties']. Konq does not show anything in that dir
> though. A root terminal, in that dir, does not show anything
> either[with ls]. Nautilus says '0 items' - but when I try to look
> inside that dir, it seems to permanently hang with 'loading' instead
> of the usual 'empty' on actually empty dirs - so something seems
> fishy. What's really there, and how can I tell? If there, it might be
> an important file, so need to know...

I think it will better if you check the filesystem consistency.

In a terminal, type:

sudo touch /forcefsck.

Also ls -hal doesn't show anything?

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://tcho.net/cppdeveloper

Old 01-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Ioannis Vranos

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Ioannis Vranos <ioannis.vranos@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 7:13 AM, rikona <rikona@sonic.net> wrote:
>> Running 10.04. I have a dir in which Konqueror insists there is a file
>> [as reported in 'properties']. Konq does not show anything in that dir
>> though. A root terminal, in that dir, does not show anything
>> either[with ls]. Nautilus says '0 items' - but when I try to look
>> inside that dir, it seems to permanently hang with 'loading' instead
>> of the usual 'empty' on actually empty dirs - so something seems
>> fishy. What's really there, and how can I tell? If there, it might be
>> an important file, so need to know...
>
> I think it will better if you check the filesystem consistency.
>
> In a terminal, type:
>
> sudo touch /forcefsck.

and reboot the system.