Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 AM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default Set up 2nd NIC to the internet

I'm transitioning between DSL and cable. I have both for the moment.
I need help with configuration.

Perhaps I need to turn off the network management stuff, because I
cannot seem to configure one NIC for a static IP and the other for
DHCP. It wants to give them both the static IP.

If that's what I need to do, how do I get the network manager to go
away and stay away.
If not, how do I make the network manager do the right thing.

It appears that the network manager wants to call my two interfaces
eth2 and eth3. I have no idea what happened to eth0 and eth1.
eth2 is a built-in gigabit card; I plan to use it on my cable modem.
eth3 is an add-in 10/100 PCI-x card that is connected through a switch
to my DSL modem.

I have not been able to get them both working through the standard
Ubuntu network GUI stuff.

Help?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD