Old 01-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Phil Dobbin

Default iSight webcam problem

Hi.

I've just installed Lucid Lynx on my wife's Macbook (erased OS X & did a
clean install) & I'm having problems trying to get the in-built iSight
webcam to function.

From what I gather, on this Macbook (4,1), it should work out of the box
& if it doesn't to install the isight-firmware-tools which I did but the
output of `lsusb` is telling me that the firmware is not found. Also
there is no `video` directory at /dev/.

I installed Cheese but that just tied up constantly & had to be force
quit & VLC is showing nothing when trying to capture device.

I've Googled extensively but there are so many conflicting courses of
action I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody can help me out.

Any replies appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil...