Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 AM
Dave Henley

Default logitech bluetooth keyboard won`t pair

I have logitech mx5000 bluetoothe keyboard and a mx1000 mouse connected to my ubuntu 11.10 desktop.
It worked perfectly until two days ago. The mouse reconnects at boot and works fine, but the keyboard doesn`t come connected.
I can manually detect the keyboard with hcitool and hidd and make it work, but then after reboot it doesn`t work again.

How can make a persistent connection after a reboot for my keyboard?

Cheers,
Dave

Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Doug

I have logitech mx5000 bluetoothe keyboard and a mx1000 mouse
connected to my ubuntu 11.10 desktop.

It worked perfectly until two days ago. The mouse reconnects at
boot and works fine, but the keyboard doesn`t come connected.

I can manually detect the keyboard with hcitool and hidd and
make it work, but then after reboot it doesn`t work again.

How can make a persistent connection after a reboot for my
keyboard?

Cheers,

Dave

I'm using a different distro, but I have found that on a cold boot,
I have to momentarily unplug, then replug the usb connection

from the keyboard to make it work.* Try that and see if it helps.*
(Yes, it's a nuisance!)

--doug

Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Dave Henley

I did that in the past which worked, but after the upgrade to 11.04 it suddenly worked out of the box even after upgrading to 11.10.
And all of a sudden it doesn`t anymore.
So, you can imagine I`m looking for a permanent solution that works without human intervention.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse"

On Fri, January 6, 2012 09:17, Dave Henley wrote:

> I did that in the past which worked, but after the upgrade to 11.04 it
> suddenly worked out of the box even after upgrading to 11.10.
> And all of a sudden it doesn`t anymore.
> So, you can imagine I`m looking for a permanent solution that works
> without human intervention.

That sounds a lot like this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez-utils/+bug/32415

That bug is SIX YEARS OLD and still unresolved.
I gave up.