Old 01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Art Edwards

Default nvidia problems in natty

I have just upgraded to natty and I have no console during boot up before the login screen. Also, ctrl-alt F1, for example, does not give me a test console.

I'm running on a 64-bit box with an nvidia GeForce 6150SE card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Art Edwards

Old 01-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Joseph Loo

I have just upgraded to natty and I have no console during boot up before the login screen. Also, ctrl-alt F1, for example, does not give me a test console.

I'm running on a 64-bit box with an nvidia GeForce 6150SE card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Art Edwards

If you had installed the Nvidia proprietary driver, you will need to
start at run level 3 and re-install the nvidia drivers.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Chris Green

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:01:56AM -0700, Art Edwards wrote:
> I have just upgraded to natty and I have no console during boot up before the login screen. Also, ctrl-alt F1, for example, does not give me a test console.
>
> I'm running on a 64-bit box with an nvidia GeForce 6150SE card.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think it's just nvidia, I have a totally Intel system with
exactly the same symptoms. It's not a problem until something goes
wrong and you find there's no way to see what's going on during boot.

--
Chris Green

Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Drac Noc

Try installing "startupmanager" and change the resolutions from there.
Seems to work fine.