Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 AM
Dileep Nayak

Default Regarding installation micromax 352G 3G data card on Ubuntu

Hi All,

I have Micromax data card (MMX 352G 3G). I have tried installing it on
Ubuntu for whole one day and couldn't able to do it. I have also read
lot of articles but that too couldn't help me out. I am really in need
to have internet connection on Ubuntu.

Please guide me. I would really appreciate you guys.

Thanks a lot.
Dileep Nayak

Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Tamás Gajdos

Hi,
try this:
sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch

These sticks come with a ZeroCD setup. When you first plug it it, you only see it as a pendrive for windows drivers. But the kernel already has the drivers, but not the information, that it needs a switch. This package solves the problem.

Cheers,
Tom