Old 01-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Liam Proven

Default Changing the subject to Xfce. Was: Unity-bashing

On 2 January 2012 20:24, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:18:57 +0000
> Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you really want a two-panel desktop, then install Xubuntu.
>
> A question, Liam, if you please. *You have two monitors as have I. *I
> use an nVidia 3D-enabled graphics card with compiz also enabled. *I
> cannot get Xfce to use both monitors as one RE: background images. It
> insists on using separate backgrounds/wallpapers although it will
> stretch the panel(s) across both monitors if desired. *I think it to be
> strange behavior as ti seems to me that it should do either both or
> neither. Do you know any tricks to get one single image across both
> monitors? It /is/ an option using LXDE which I found surprising in view
> of its reputation as lightweight.

I don't, I'm afraid. I use LXDE on my laptop, and have played with
Xfce, but only in single-head mode - when I attach an external monitor
as well, I find that only GNOME gives me the dual-screen setup options
that I need to get it working. Sadly, 11.10 breaks external-desktop
functionality altogether.

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884