-   -   Changing the subject to Xfce. Was: Unity-bashing (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/616260-changing-subject-xfce-unity-bashing.html)

"Cybe R. Wizard" 01-02-2012 07:24 PM

Changing the subject to Xfce. Was: Unity-bashing

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:18:57 +0000
Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you really want a two-panel desktop, then install Xubuntu.

A question, Liam, if you please. You have two monitors as have I. I
use an nVidia 3D-enabled graphics card with compiz also enabled. I
cannot get Xfce to use both monitors as one RE: background images. It
insists on using separate backgrounds/wallpapers although it will
stretch the panel(s) across both monitors if desired. I think it to be
strange behavior as ti seems to me that it should do either both or
neither. Do you know any tricks to get one single image across both
monitors? It /is/ an option using LXDE which I found surprising in view
of its reputation as lightweight.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.