Old 01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
stan

Default Amaork volume control?

I am trying to get Amarok set up to play my music collection. I have it
mostly working the way I want, but I am more used to command line
interfaces that GUI's and sometimes I can't figure out where things are
"hidden" in a GUI. This turns out to be one of the cases.

Where is the volume control?

Music played by hovering over a MP3 file on the desktop is of a decent
level, but when I play the same file using Amarok, the volume is way to
low. I see that if I hover over the round button on the top left, it shows
me the volume setting. but pushing it just pauses the music. What am I
doing wrong?

> I am trying to get Amarok set up to play my music collection. I have it
> mostly working the way I want, but I am more used to command line
> interfaces that GUI's and sometimes I can't figure out where things are
> "hidden" in a GUI. This turns out to be one of the cases.
>
> Where is the volume control?
>
> Music played by hovering over a MP3 file on the desktop is of a decent
> level, but when I play the same file using Amarok, the volume is way to
> low. I see that if I hover over the round button on the top left, it shows
> me the volume setting. but pushing it just pauses the music. What am I
> doing wrong?

Click and move your mouse to the right around the outer circle.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
stan

On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 12:23:20PM -0800, NoOp wrote:
> On 01/01/2012 05:09 AM, stan wrote:
> > I am trying to get Amarok set up to play my music collection. I have it
> > mostly working the way I want, but I am more used to command line
> > interfaces that GUI's and sometimes I can't figure out where things are
> > "hidden" in a GUI. This turns out to be one of the cases.
> >
> > Where is the volume control?
> >
> > Music played by hovering over a MP3 file on the desktop is of a decent
> > level, but when I play the same file using Amarok, the volume is way to
> > low. I see that if I hover over the round button on the top left, it shows
> > me the volume setting. but pushing it just pauses the music. What am I
> > doing wrong?
>
> Click and move your mouse to the right around the outer circle.

Weird, I have never seen this behavior before. Is this compliant with any
known UI standard?

> Weird, I have never seen this behavior before. Is this compliant with any
> known UI standard?

It's compliant with the Amarok UI standard.

--
Steve

Old 01-02-2012, 07:36 PM
R Kimber

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 17:54:54 +0000
Steve Flynn wrote:

> > Weird, I have never seen this behavior before. Is this compliant with
> > any known UI standard?
>
> It's compliant with the Amarok UI standard.

Nice. I love standards.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources