Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 PM
luis redondo

Default How to make a daemon write to a SDHC card.Change Permissions.

I'm not able to put the tcpdump program to write to SDHC memory cards using the Ubuntu 10.04 default configuration.I use : sudo tcpdump -s 96 -i eth0 -w /media/"card ID" and receive this warning:tcpdump: /mnt/DSLcapture/dslcapture: Permission deniedMy account has administration rights so I do not know what is the problem here...the FAT32 filesystem?need to givetcpdump any rights? Or is there other problem?Note: Even when I mount the card on /mnt using sudo mount -t vfat /dev/mmdcdkl0 */mnt*and root owns the directory inside the card where I want to put the dump files the problem persists.