Old 12-30-2011, 03:59 PM
"Nibir Mudai"

Default Unable to launch Sametime client

Hi,
I am unable to launch Sametime client in Ubuntu 10.04 (32 Bit).
Tried complete removal of Sametime package and re-installation several times but no luck.
All dependencies are installed. "sudo sametime-connect" doesn't work.
In Symantic Package Manager, sametime-connect shows 0 bytes, whereas properties show 199 MB.
Tried manual download of sametime-connect-8.5.1.i386.deb and running dpkg
eilnimu@JYMKWQ1:~/Downloads/Sametime-EGI$ sudo dpkg -i sametime-connect-8.5.1.i386.deb dpkg: error: dpkg status database is locked by another processeilnimu@JYMKWQ1:~/Downloads/Sametime-EGI$ sudo dpkg -i sametime-connect-8.5.1.i386.deb Selecting previously deselected package sametime-connect.(Reading database ... 200692 files and directories currently installed.)Unpacking sametime-connec
t (from sametime-connect-8.5.1.i386.deb) .../var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 83: rpm: command not foundSetting up sametime-connect (8.5.1-1) ...
Got the error "/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/preinst: line 83: rpm: command not found"
My IT administrator say he is able to launch from root but not from my user. According to him some packages are conflicting with Sametime and I need to format my system
DOES ANYONE FACED THIS ISSUE or Have any clue about this?
Please help me out.
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks and Regards,
Nibir Mudai