Old 12-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Damien Hull

Default Apache mod perl

Here's what I have:

1. Ubuntu 10.04 server
2. LAMP install...
3. Custom install of perl

How do I get apache to talk to the new perl I installed?

Old 12-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Craig White

On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 08:21 -0900, Damien Hull wrote:
> Here's what I have:
>
> 1. Ubuntu 10.04 server
> 2. LAMP install...
> 3. Custom install of perl
>
> How do I get apache to talk to the new perl I installed?
----
LAMP has nothing really to do with Perl. LAMP is an acronym for
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP

'Custom' install of perl suggests that you have gone off the reservation
and compiled from source (probably not the best idea unless you know
what you are doing) but...

I suspect that you want to install this package...

libapache2-mod-perl2

and I wouldn't guarantee it to work with non-standard perl installation.

In the premise of teaching someone to learn to catch their own fish, the
way I would search for something like this is...

apt-cache search perl | grep apache

Craig

believed to be clean.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Avi Greenbury

Craig White wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 08:21 -0900, Damien Hull wrote:
> > Here's what I have:
> >
> > 1. Ubuntu 10.04 server
> > 2. LAMP install...
> > 3. Custom install of perl
> >
> > How do I get apache to talk to the new perl I installed?
> ----
> LAMP has nothing really to do with Perl. LAMP is an acronym for
> Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP

The 'P' has historically meant PHP, Python and Perl.

> 'Custom' install of perl suggests that you have gone off the
> reservation and compiled from source (probably not the best idea
> unless you know what you are doing) but...

It's pretty easy to know what you're doing when building your own Perl,
especially if you write in it

--
Avi

Old 12-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Avi Greenbury

Damien Hull wrote:

> Here's what I have:
>
> 1. Ubuntu 10.04 server
> 2. LAMP install...
> 3. Custom install of perl
>
> How do I get apache to talk to the new perl I installed?

What, exactly, have you installed in pursuit of a 'LAMP' server, and
where is your Perl install?

--
Avi