Old 12-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Dotan Cohen

Default How to change display to black and white on demand?

Is there any way to change the display to black and white on the fly?
I use Kubuntu 11.10 with xorg 1.10.4 and KDE 4.7. I tried finding a
monitor setting for enabling black and white, however I could not find
one.

Note that this question originally appears on SuperUser, but as there
was no reply there I crosspost to the *buntu experts!
http://superuser.com/questions/371494/how-to-change-display-to-black-and-white-on-demand

Thanks! Merry Christmas and happy Chanukah to all!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 12-25-2011, 10:49 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:54:13 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to change the display to black and white on the fly?
> I use Kubuntu 11.10 with xorg 1.10.4 and KDE 4.7. I tried finding a
> monitor setting for enabling black and white, however I could not find
> one.
>
> Note that this question originally appears on SuperUser, but as there
> was no reply there I crosspost to the *buntu experts!
> http://superuser.com/questions/371494/how-to-change-display-to-black-and-white-on-demand
>
> Thanks! Merry Christmas and happy Chanukah to all!

Easy, peasy; Ctrl-Alt-F1

(I know it's not what you want. I'm interested in your question, too,
but thought I'd poke you just for fun)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Dotan Cohen

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 01:49, Cybe R. Wizard
<cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Easy, peasy; Ctrl-Alt-F1
>
> (I know it's not what you want. *I'm interested in your question, too,
> but thought I'd poke you just for fun)

Technically, you did answer my question! However, you have carefully
evaded providing any help. You might want to contact Dell, you seem a
natural for their support team!

(retort poke!)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Old 12-27-2011, 01:29 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 10:09:55 +0200
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 01:49, Cybe R. Wizard
> <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Easy, peasy; Ctrl-Alt-F1
> >
> > (I know it's not what you want. *I'm interested in your question,
> > too, but thought I'd poke you just for fun)
> >

> Technically, you did answer my question! However, you have carefully
> evaded providing any help. You might want to contact Dell, you seem a
> natural for their support team!
>
> (retort poke!)

...and a classic retort it was! Imagine, me.. with a job at Dell.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Strength through Unity.
Unity through faith.