Old 12-25-2011, 06:30 PM
"Frederick N. Brier"

Default Installing a newer package than listed in Synaptics?

I was installing the latest dovecot (v.2.0.13) as an IMAP server and
ran into a bug
(#873390) that was fixed in release (1:2.0.15-1ubuntu2) and
v2.1.* Synaptics is not showing that version.* I tried showing the
pre-release packages, but it still did not show up.* Is there a
trick to show new packages?

BTW, I have been using Fedora for the last several years and have
used Debian, but recently installed Lubuntu.* I am just not familiar
with the Synaptics Package Manager and Ubuntu package management.*
Thank you.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Ric Moore