-   -   11.1 - hope the interface dies (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/613455-11-1-hope-interface-dies.html)

Sean Parker 12-24-2011 02:02 AM

11.1 - hope the interface dies

Hello -

* I wasted my time installing Ubuntu 11.1 - and absolutely HATED the interface.

* PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use that crap in future Ubuntu releases - I'm using 11.0x and much happier.

* Thanks - And Merry Christmas!

**** Sean

Johnny Rosenberg 12-24-2011 09:11 AM

11.1 - hope the interface dies

2011/12/24 Sean Parker <seanrekrap@gmail.com>:
> Hello -
>
> * I wasted my time installing Ubuntu 11.1 - and absolutely HATED the
> interface.

There is no 11.1 release. Ubuntu is usually released in April and
October, not January.

> * PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use that crap in future Ubuntu releases - I'm
> using 11.0x and much happier.

11.0x (x=4) has the same user interface as 11.10.

Nobody forces you to use Ubuntu. There are a few other nice
distributions out there. Maybe you could give a few of them a try?
Mint seems to be an appreciated distribution, for example.

> * Thanks - And Merry Christmas!
> **** Sean

He he he… I wrote a few minutes ago to another mailing list and I said
”happy Christmas”. Now I realise that is is ”merry”, not ”happy”… I
guess I confused it with ”happy new year”… Many years ago I heard John
Lennon (from an old recording) say ”Happy Chrsitmas and a merry new
year”. Maybe that confused me as well.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・*ーゼンバーグ

GOD JUL (”Merry Christmas” in Swedish, and don't even try to pronounce
it; you will fail badly…)!

Liam Proven 12-24-2011 12:08 PM

11.1 - hope the interface dies

On 24 December 2011 10:11, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:

> GOD JUL (”Merry Christmas” in Swedish, and don't even try to pronounce
> it; you will fail badly…)!

God jul och gott nytt år til dig också. ;¬)

Johnny Rosenberg 12-24-2011 06:30 PM

11.1 - hope the interface dies

2011/12/24 Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com>:
> On 24 December 2011 10:11, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> GOD JUL (”Merry Christmas” in Swedish, and don't even try to pronounce
>> it; you will fail badly…)!
>
> God jul och gott nytt år til dig också. ;¬)

Tack! :D