-   -   Playing 24bit sound files (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/613313-playing-24bit-sound-files.html)

R Kimber 12-23-2011 05:09 PM

Playing 24bit sound files

I am able to play my 24bit sound files on my hifi using Amarok and the USB
Audio DAC option. Unsurprisingly these are delivered via the USB cable as
normal CD quality (16bit 44,100) to the hifi.

My sound cards (on the motherboard and on the video card) are both capable
of 24bit 192,000 sound.

I have a streamer, but that won't go above 48,000.

Is there any way I can play my 24bit 96,000 files at their proper quality?

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources