-   -   Best PPD for Epson Dot Matrix LX300 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/611838-best-ppd-epson-dot-matrix-lx300.html)

James Freer 12-19-2011 06:58 PM

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Hery Atmadja <milis@infi-nity.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Can anyone help in pointing out the best PPD for Epson LX300 Dot Matrix
> printer? *Many thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Hery

I set mine up on a generic 9 pin driver i think - it was a while ago
when i was using 8.04. I now use Xubuntu and haven't used my LX300 for
a while. If you can bare to wait til after Xmas when i'm setting up my
new machine i'll let you know. Thoughts just occurred...what happens
when you've connected the printer and then do a full install - that's
what i've done with all my printers... ubuntu found them i think.

However, i didn't find it possible to use the LX300 with the A4 sheet
feeder which i was disappointed about. Things might have changed
now... so i'm hoping. Otherwise one's got to stick with tractor paper
which i find expensive.

james

Hery Atmadja 12-20-2011 03:47 AM

[...]

I have found the following information on the net and will probably try
it out.

http://all-about-ubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/12/epson-lx-300-printer-driver.html
http://forums.phppointofsale.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1311
<http://forums.phppointofsale.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1311>

However, I would be interested in your test if you don't mind. Many thanks.

Hery