Old 12-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Khaya Mundi

Default Quick question about this list

What is the difference between this mailing list and the Ubuntu forums?
Does this list merely serve as an alternative to the forums? Or is this
list of a more advanced nature? (Apologies for my ignorance. I've just
recently subscribed.)

Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 PM
"compdoc"

>What is the difference between this mailing list and the Ubuntu forums

There are people with various knowledge that hang out on IRC, and others who
receive and respond to these mailing lists. They are separate resources and
complement each other, but I don't believe there's any connection.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Avi Greenbury

Khaya Mundi wrote:

> What is the difference between this mailing list and the Ubuntu
> forums? Does this list merely serve as an alternative to the forums?
> Or is this list of a more advanced nature? (Apologies for my
> ignorance. I've just recently subscribed.)

The purpose is the same - general communty-provided support for Ubuntu
users, it's just a different medium. Something on-topic on the forum
would be on-topic here, too, and vice-versa.

--
Avi

Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Ric Moore