Old 12-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Dave Stevens

Default scheming wget???

Hi,

I recently used wget to download a part of a web site, ~25 Megs. I
later (offline) checked the index.html page and found that I had
mistakenly not included the -k option to rewrite URLs to resolve
locally. This was just a mistake and in principle I could just redo
the download. But I thought I'd try to redo the wget, but locally,
copy the downloaded site to another directory with wget but using -k
this time. When I do I get an error saying, "no scheme."

What scheme? the man pages don't as far as I can see, mention anything
about a scheme. Can someone refer me to more info?

Dave

--
It is told that such are the aerodynamics and wing loading of the
bumblebee that, in principle, it cannot fly...if all this be

-- John Kenneth Galbraith, in American Capitalism: The Concept of
Countervailing Power

Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Colin Watson

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 02:53:17PM -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I recently used wget to download a part of a web site, ~25 Megs. I
> later (offline) checked the index.html page and found that I had
> mistakenly not included the -k option to rewrite URLs to resolve
> locally. This was just a mistake and in principle I could just redo
> the download. But I thought I'd try to redo the wget, but locally,
> copy the downloaded site to another directory with wget but using -k
> this time. When I do I get an error saying, "no scheme."
>
> What scheme? the man pages don't as far as I can see, mention
> anything about a scheme. Can someone refer me to more info?

The formal syntax for a URL is, at the highest level:

<scheme>:<scheme-specific-part>

So, for example, "http" is a scheme.

--
Colin Watson [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]