Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 AM
AlgoMantra

Default Gutsy slows down on wireless?

Hi all,

I've noticed that after browsing in Firefox for about 6-10 hours, and
using apps like Gmail chat, my system starts crawling. And if I reboot
it's all fine again. Can anyone tell me a fix for this?

warm regards,
djf
--
------- * *-.-
1/f * ))) *--.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
"Steve Flynn"

On Nov 27, 2007 9:31 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that after browsing in Firefox for about 6-10 hours, and
> using apps like Gmail chat, my system starts crawling. And if I reboot
> it's all fine again. Can anyone tell me a fix for this?

When it starts crawling post the output from "top" and "free"

--
Steve
people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Blake Smith

Hello,

Have you tried simply restarting firefox or closing some open tabs? I
noticed that firefox would sometimes get out of hand after awhile like
you said, and doing a simple firefox restart seemed to take care of
this. If you're a tab junkie like me, and find you have lots of them
open, consider closing a few that you probably aren't using anymore.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 11:42:08AM +0000, Steve Flynn wrote:
> On Nov 27, 2007 9:31 AM, AlgoMantra <algomantra@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've noticed that after browsing in Firefox for about 6-10 hours, and
> > using apps like Gmail chat, my system starts crawling. And if I reboot
> > it's all fine again. Can anyone tell me a fix for this?
>
> When it starts crawling post the output from "top" and "free"
>
> --
> Steve
> When one person suffers from a delusion it is insanity. When many
> people suffer from a delusion it is called Religion.
>
> 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

blithe
http://djblithe.com
AIM: blithedj

Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 AM
AlgoMantra

Have you tried simply restarting firefox or closing some open tabs? I

noticed that firefox would sometimes get out of hand after awhile like
you said, and doing a simple firefox restart seemed to take care of
this. If you're a tab junkie like me, and find you have lots of them

open, consider closing a few that you probably aren't using anymore.

Hey Blake,

While I do have many tabs open sometimes, it is not necessarily then
that the system crawls. I have tried shutting down just the Firefox

app but even then noticed a huge latency in response to general desktop
*clicks. So its not due to tabs I think.

It's all fine for now...I'll try to post the $top and $free results soon here.

http://www.algomantra.com