Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
ssc1478

Default Oneiric aspect ratio

I have a Dell Inspiron 1210 netbook that was bought new years ago with 8.04 preinstalled.** I recently installed Oneiric on it and can not figure out how to get the fonts or aspect ratio correct.* The fonts look stretched and slightly out of focus.* I've tried changing themes and fonts but so far no luck.

It has 2D graphics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Phil

Old 12-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Colin Law

On 13 December 2011 22:38, ssc1478 <ssc1478@aim.com> wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspiron 1210 netbook that was bought new years ago with 8.04
> preinstalled.** I recently installed Oneiric on it and can not figure out
> how to get the fonts or aspect ratio correct.* The fonts look stretched and
> slightly out of focus.* I've tried changing themes and fonts but so far no
> luck.

I sounds as if it has got the wrong screen resolution. Go to System
Settings (from the cog in the top right hand corner) and select
Displays. There you should be able to set the screen resolution.

Colin

Old 12-15-2011, 01:18 AM
ssc1478

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 3:29 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 13 December 2011 22:38, ssc1478 <ssc1478@aim.com> wrote:
> > I have a Dell Inspiron 1210 netbook that was bought new years ago with 8.04
> > preinstalled.** I recently installed Oneiric on it and can not figure out
> > how to get the fonts or aspect ratio correct.* The fonts look stretched and
> > slightly out of focus.* I've tried changing themes and fonts but so far no
> > luck.
>
> I sounds as if it has got the wrong screen resolution. *Go to System
> Settings (from the cog in the top right hand corner) and select
> Displays. *There you should be able to set the screen resolution.
>
> Colin

I went into the Displays option. I have only one choice: 1024x768 (4:3)

Not sure if this info will help, but I also went into System Info and
under Graphics it says:

Driver - Software Rasterizer
Experience - Standard

Phil

Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 AM
Ric Moore

I have a Dell Inspiron 1210 netbook that was bought new years ago with 8.04
preinstalled. I recently installed Oneiric on it and can not figure out
how to get the fonts or aspect ratio correct. The fonts look stretched and
slightly out of focus. I've tried changing themes and fonts but so far no
luck.

I sounds as if it has got the wrong screen resolution. Go to System
Settings (from the cog in the top right hand corner) and select
Displays. There you should be able to set the screen resolution.

Colin

I went into the Displays option. I have only one choice: 1024x768 (4:3)

Not sure if this info will help, but I also went into System Info and
under Graphics it says:

Driver - Software Rasterizer
Experience - Standard

Ok, you DO have some graphics mode happening. Again, running the nvidial
xerver settings has to happen after installing the correct driver. Once
you have the driver loaded, and have nvidia xserver settings running,
after setting up your monitor and options, on the bottom right side of
the "Xserver Display Configuration" tab is the button "Save to X
Configuration File". That should ask for your password and then proceed
to write out /etc/X11/xorg.conf for you. Rebboot. You should be in great
shape now. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html