Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
"Anthony Papillion"

Default Question about Wireless

OK I'm not sure what you're saying. Should I put in a WEP key even
though I am not using one on the router and it will automatically
correct it and connect?

Thanks,
Anthony

Old 11-27-2007, 08:12 AM
AlgoMantra

On Nov 27, 2007 2:34 PM, Anthony Papillion <papillion@gmail.com> wrote:

OK I'm not sure what you're saying. Should I put in a WEP key even
though I am not using one on the router and it will automatically
correct it and connect?

Thanks,
No, Anthony...I'm just telling you what worked for me out of the box. My wireless

requires a key, and it works.

I have tried the system on someone else's
open network, but I couldn't use it for some reason! It was just a
freak signal in the neighbouhood.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Karl Auer

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 14:42 +0530, AlgoMantra wrote:
> I have tried the system on someone else's
> open network, but I couldn't use it for some reason! It was just a
> freak signal in the neighbouhood.

MAC filtering will look like that. Not very secure though.

Regards, K.