Old 12-12-2011, 11:40 AM
LinuxIsOne

Default Chrome: where is the PPA?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Well Chromium Web Browser is there in the Ubuntu Software Center, but
>> if I want to install Google Chrome, where is the PPA, can one get me
>> the link for that?

> If you had install Chrome from Google website, your repository would
> be automatically updated with the Google source.

Can you please elucidate this? Is Chromium and Chrome same? And from
Google I have to install?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Liam Proven

On 12 December 2011 12:40, LinuxIsOne <reallife@hmamail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:27 AM, Koh Choon Lin <2choonlin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Well Chromium Web Browser is there in the Ubuntu Software Center, but
>>> if I want to install Google Chrome, where is the PPA, can one get me
>>> the link for that?
>
>> If you had install Chrome from Google website, your repository would
>> be automatically updated with the Google source.
>
> Can you please elucidate this? Is Chromium and Chrome same? And from
> Google I have to install?

We are not unwilling to help, but you risk irritating people here with
a very high volume of questions which you could answer yourself!

For example: try going to Google and searching for this:

what is the difference between google chrome and chromium

Old 12-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Hakan Koseoglu

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chromium+web+browser+wikipedia&l=1

Old 12-12-2011, 12:00 PM
LinuxIsOne

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 7:50 AM, Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are not unwilling to help, but you risk irritating people here with
> a very high volume of questions which you could answer yourself!

> For example: try going to Google and searching for this:

> what is the difference between google chrome and chromium

Ok sure. Being really novice, I sometimes forget and come here
only....I check out Google!