Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 AM
LinuxIsOne

Default Learning CLI: should I install Ubuntu Server?

Hi,

This is just a simple thing to ask:-

For learning some basics of CLI in Linux, should I install Ubuntu LTS Server edition? Since I heard everything here works with CLI, is it true? Right now I am having Ubuntu LTS desktop 10.04.3...?

Thanks.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Colin Law

On 11 December 2011 11:54, LinuxIsOne <reallife@hmamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is just a simple thing to ask:-
>
> For learning some basics of CLI in Linux, should I install Ubuntu LTS Server
> edition? Since I heard everything here works with CLI, is it true? Right now
> I am having Ubuntu LTS desktop 10.04.3...?

No need if you just want to learn, the CLI in the desktop interface is
virtually the same as in the server. Just open a terminal and pretend
that you have not got the GUI.

Colin