Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Leila M

Default wireless peripheral

hi,

I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 and I've remarked that the system hangs if the
wireless peripheral is turned off. any ideas to fix this problem

thanks in advance

Old 12-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Avi Greenbury

Leila M wrote:

> I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 and I've remarked that the system hangs if the
> wireless peripheral is turned off. any ideas to fix this problem

When you say wireless peripheral, is this a WiFi device of some sort?
Do you know what it is (make, model etc.), and how does it plug in to
the machine?

There's various different paths of investigation, but which one to take
depends on how it plugs in, and what it's supposed to be doing.

--
Avi