Old 12-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Arvind S Raj

Default Touchpad not working when Vaio laptop is charging Kubuntu 11.10

Hello everyone,I am using Kubuntu 11.10 on a Sony Vaio VGNFW260J. I recently purchased a new charger for my laptop and since then I am unable to use my touchpad(Alps PS/2 ALPS GlidePoint) with the same ease when the laptop is charging as compared to when running on battery. It works fine but at times the movement isn't proper and it even freezes sometimes.

I tried*http://askubuntu.com/questions/70333/touchpad-freezing-on-a-sony-vaio-vpcf22s1e but that wasn't very helpful. I couldn't find the "disable touchpad while typing option" and so did not try that. How can I fix this problem? The system is updated-just installed the updates about an hour ago.

If any more hardware details are required, please do let me know and I shall post the same.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Danyelle Davis

Is the charger different? *or the same make, model, etc..? *Sounds like its a hardware issue.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Arvind S Raj

Is the charger different? *or the same make, model, etc..? *Sounds like its a hardware issue.

Yes indeed the new charger is of a different model. The new one's output voltage is the same but lower current output. Can it be resolved?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Ernest Doub

Is the charger different? *or the same make, model, etc..? *Sounds like its a hardware issue.

Yes indeed the new charger is of a different model. The new one's output voltage is the same but lower current output. Can it be resolved?

You need a charger with both voltage and current specs equivalent to the one being replaced.* If the current output is too low you will notice hardware problems such as you are describing.
Try to exchange the power adapter you bought for a higher [current] output unit, it will probably cure your symptoms.

--

“If I had a dollar for every time that capitalism was blamed for the
problems caused by government, I’d be a fat filmmaker with a baseball