Old 12-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Chris Green

Default How to find source code for a particular package?

If I have a package installed (as in a name in the package column in
synaptic) how do I find (and download) the corresponding source code?

--
Chris Green

Old 12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Avi Greenbury

Chris Green wrote:

> If I have a package installed (as in a name in the package column in
> synaptic) how do I find (and download) the corresponding source code?

Assuming you have the relevant deb-src repository enabled for the repo
the package itself came in (you do by default for the ubuntu repos),
you can do

apt-get source <packagename>

It will then extract the source into a directory in your current
working directory.

--
Avi

Old 12-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Chris Green

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 07:07:20PM +0000, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
>
> > If I have a package installed (as in a name in the package column in
> > synaptic) how do I find (and download) the corresponding source code?
>
> Assuming you have the relevant deb-src repository enabled for the repo
> the package itself came in (you do by default for the ubuntu repos),
> you can do
>
> apt-get source <packagename>
>
> It will then extract the source into a directory in your current
> working directory.

Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know, the source I wanted is now
extracted and being looked at! :-)

--
Chris Green