Old 12-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Bill Stanley

Default DVI or VGA?

This is not a strictly Ubuntu question but here goes anyways. My
monitor/video card can be connected by either a VGA cable or a DVI
cable. I've tried both and really can't see any difference. Which is
better to use?

Bill Stanley

Old 12-09-2011, 05:23 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

This is not a strictly Ubuntu question but here goes anyways. My
monitor/video card can be connected by either a VGA cable or a DVI
cable. I've tried both and really can't see any difference. Which is
better to use?

Bill Stanley

From what I understand, DVI is better. IIRC, better detailed
communication between the graphics chip & monitor.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy in the internet.