-   -   Problems with Ubuntu image (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/607914-problems-ubuntu-image.html)

Felipe Martins 12-08-2011 12:48 PM

Problems with Ubuntu image

*Hi there,

*** We are currently deploying
Ubuntu Cloud in a
Dell cluster at Federal
*University of Ouro Preto, in Brazil.
*** We have downloaded the Ubuntu image from the official releases' website
*and deployed it successfully. However, we started to face intermittent
*access problems with this image when trying to log into the running
*instance. Some times we could log into the instance, other times, not, as it
*presented the error "Permission denied (publickey).". We changed the public
*key permissions and locations but the problem persisted.
*** So, we downloaded the other images available at the website (Fedora,
*Debian and CentOS). Once deployed (by using the same process than used with
*the Ubuntu image), we have been able to log into any of them, wherever the
*public key is, whatever configuration is chosen for the instance. These
*facts have led us to believe that the Ubuntu image has
something wrong.
Have
*other users experienced the same problem?

*** Best regards,

*** Felipe.--

Oliver Grawert 12-08-2011 04:22 PM

Problems with Ubuntu image

hi,
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 05:48:00 -0800 (PST)
Felipe Martins <felipesmmelo@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> *Hi there,
>
> *** We are currently deploying
> Ubuntu Cloud in a
> Dell cluster at Federal
> *University of Ouro Preto, in Brazil.
try the ubuntu-cloud list at:

ciao
oli

Jacob Savage 12-08-2011 06:47 PM

Problems with Ubuntu image

On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 05:48:00 -0800 (PST)
Felipe Martins <felipesmmelo@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> However, we started to face intermittent
> *access problems with this image when trying to log into the running
> *instance. Some times we could log into the instance, other times,
> not, as it presented the error "Permission denied (publickey).". We
> changed the public key permissions and locations but the problem
> persisted.

i don't understand... did you copy the public key from your local
machine to the server or intending to log in with password
authentication? what edits if any have you made to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
on the server?

~js

Felipe Martins 12-09-2011 12:18 AM

Problems with Ubuntu image

Hi Jacob,
* Thanks for your attention.* We used Hybridfox to generated keys and saved them in our local machines. Next, we downloaded all images, disabled password request in sshd_config, registered them and started instances using the key we created. After that we tried to log into each one of the instances using the public key. With Fedora, Debian and CentOS, we were able to log in without any problems, but for the Ubuntu image, some times we could log, other times we couldn't, this is the reason why I asked about problems with Ubuntu image.
** Any tips?
** Best
regards,
** Felipe.
Enviadas: Quinta-feira, 8 de Dezembro de 2011 17:47
Assunto: Re: Problems with Ubuntu image