Old 12-07-2011, 10:26 AM
CJ Tres

Default Configuring Quick Synergy to start automatically

I've found an explanation of edits at
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/autostart.html that need to be made to
scripts in the Default files in three directories, gdm/Init,
gdm/PostLogin - the third edit is supposed to be made in gdm/Sessions/
but my /gdm has no Sessions folder, only PostSession and PreSession. I'm
using Natty.

Would the edit then be made in the Deafult script of the PreSession
directory, or is there a Sessions dir that has maybe been moved
somewhere else?... or maybe Sessions now is named differently?

The instructions are not Ubuntu specific, only for Unix but it covers
xdm/kdm and gdm.
Also it is not clear when the guide was written so I've no idea what
might be different in Ubuntu today.

Any help?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

scripts in the Default files in three directories, gdm/Init,
gdm/PostLogin - the third edit is supposed to be made in gdm/Sessions/
but my /gdm has no Sessions folder, only PostSession and PreSession. I'm
using Natty.

Would the edit then be made in the Deafult script of the PreSession
directory, or is there a Sessions dir that has maybe been moved
somewhere else?... or maybe Sessions now is named differently?

The instructions are not Ubuntu specific, only for Unix but it covers
xdm/kdm and gdm.
Also it is not clear when the guide was written so I've no idea what
might be different in Ubuntu today.

Any help?

I've never bothered with QuickSynergy, just Synergy itself. On the host
machine, I created ~/.synergy.conf, and added /usr/bin/synergys into
Startup Applications.
For the clients, I just add /usr/bin/synergyc host's-hostname to it's
Startup Applications.

Nothing fancy. Here's en edited version of my .synergy.conf file: (I
used the FQDN for each machine in my real file)

section: screens
macOSX105:
Win7:
Ubuntu111064bit:
end
section: links
macOSX105:
left = Ubuntu111064bit
right = Win7
Win7:
left = macOSX105
right = Ubuntu111064bit
Ubuntu111064bit:
left = Win7
right = macOSX105
end

Ubuntu is the host, and the Win 7 & Mac OSX 10.5 machines are the
clients. I've had a WinXP machine & and iPhone in the mix as well before.
The Win 7 (which is joined to an AD Domain) laptop dual boots to Ubuntu
11.10 also.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818