Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Abhishek Dixit

Default how to transfer files between 2 linux computers

I want to know for computers at my home I want to transfer files
between them.I have used sftp,ssh on my office machines but here at my
home I do not want to do an ssh for a movie file which is 4.2 Gb in
size.Is it possible some how to do so without doing an ssh to the
server? I may not be aware of the name of some thing which can do this
so please let me know.

--
Thanks
Abhi

Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Colin Law

On 7 December 2011 11:24, Abhishek Dixit <abhidixit87@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know for computers at my home I want to transfer files
> between them.I have used sftp,ssh on my office machines but here at my
> home I do not want to do an ssh for a movie file which is 4.2 Gb in
> size.Is it possible some how to do so without doing an ssh to the
> server? I may not be aware of the name of some thing which can do this
> so please let me know.

rsync is probably the way to go. Alternatively setup file sharing
using samba and then you can just drag and drop between the shared
directories in nautilus.

Colin

> --
> Thanks