Old 12-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Leander Jedamus

Default May scripts and tasks invoked via rc.local run with root permissions?

Am 07.12.2011 02:39, schrieb Jay Ridgley:
I have a situation where I would like to run a script every time the
system boots. The requirements are such that it must run as root. If
the owner is specified as root and invoked from rc.local during start
up will the script in effect run the same as it were invoked from the
command line with sudo?
Maybe not. When you are logged in, there's the environment as your
normal user. Now when you run a script with rc.local there is not the
same environment.

HTH
Greetings
Leander Jedamus