Old 12-07-2011, 02:53 AM
ANDY

Default Gnome Invest - need replacement utility

UBUNTU 9.10 +proposed
GNOME 2.28.1
INVEST 2.28.0

Need a replacement automatic stock quote tool for my gnome panel.

With the flakiness of Yahoo Finance and the Gnome Invest panel no longer supported, I need something more reliable; maybe based on Google Finance or another free query service.* [Gtik is also YF based and no longer supported]

I'm not looking for a stock ticker, but a periodic automated quote tool.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Liam Proven

On 7 December 2011 03:53, ANDY <sirald66@gmail.com> wrote:
> UBUNTU 9.10 +proposed
> GNOME 2.28.1
> INVEST 2.28.0
>
> Need a replacement automatic stock quote tool for my gnome panel.
>
> With the flakiness of Yahoo Finance and the Gnome Invest panel no longer
> supported, I need something more reliable; maybe based on Google Finance or
> another free query service.* [Gtik is also YF based and no longer supported]
>
> I'm not looking for a stock ticker, but a periodic automated quote tool.

I know nothing of stock tools - I have never owned a share in my life
- but Ubuntu 9.10 is obsolete and out of support now. You should be
running at least 10.04, which is a direct, in-place upgrade.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:26 AM
ANDY

This isn't about my 9.10, which is working just fine.

Old 12-10-2011, 05:17 PM
ANDY

Still need advice.