-   -   May scripts and tasks invoked via rc.local run with root permissions? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/607313-may-scripts-tasks-invoked-via-rc-local-run-root-permissions.html)

Jay Ridgley 12-07-2011 12:39 AM

May scripts and tasks invoked via rc.local run with root permissions?

I* have a situation where I would like to
run a script every time the system boots. The requirements are
such that it must run as root. If the owner is specified as
root and invoked from rc.local during start up will the script in
effect run the same as it were invoked from the command line with
sudo?

Thanks,

Jay

--