Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Anand Kanaginhal

Default kernel debug

Is there a step by step guide to enable kernel debug messages to be seen while the kernel is running. In particular I am interested in kernel modules like shpchp.ko, pciehp.ko and corresponding interrupts. Also looking for a way to find MSI generated by PCI/PCIe devices?

Thanks
Anand

Old 12-06-2011, 06:31 PM
NoOp

On 12/06/2011 08:51 AM, Anand Kanaginhal wrote:

> Is there a step by step guide to enable kernel debug messages to be
> seen while the kernel is running. In particular I am interested in
> kernel modules like shpchp.ko, pciehp.ko and corresponding
> interrupts. Also looking for a way to find MSI generated by PCI/PCIe
> devices?

Not a step-by-step guide, but you may find this useful:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Debugging