Old 12-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Chris Green

Default Problems with Firefox on 11.04

I have just upgraded my system to xubuntu 11.04 and I have a couple of
problems with the version of Firefox it has installed.

The first problem is that I can't even see what version of Firefox it is

as the main menus have disappeared (that's the File, Tools and other
menus, including the Help menu which tells you which version of Firefox

you have). How on earth do I get those menus back?

Secondly the new Tab layout is a pain, I've turned off 'Tabs on top' but

the tabs are still in a sill place because the leftmost tab sits above

the sidebar, not above the web display area. Is there any way to get
back to the old layout where the tabs are actually above the pages they
refer to?

--
Chris Green

Old 12-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Avi Greenbury

Chris Green wrote:

> The first problem is that I can't even see what version of Firefox it
> is as the main menus have disappeared (that's the File, Tools and
> other menus, including the Help menu which tells you which version of
> Firefox you have). How on earth do I get those menus back?

They've probably moved to be accessible through the 'Firefox' button to
the left of the tab bar.
If you click on that, choose 'Preferences' and then check 'Menu Bar'
the menu bar should reappear at the top.

> Is there any way to get back to the old layout where the tabs are
> actually above the pages they refer to?

I think turning off tabs-on-top is the closest available. I find it
hard to believe that sidebar behaviour is intentional, too.

--
Avi

Old 12-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

I have just upgraded my system to xubuntu 11.04 and I have a couple of
problems with the version of Firefox it has installed.

The first problem is that I can't even see what version of Firefox it is

as the main menus have disappeared (that's the File, Tools and other
menus, including the Help menu which tells you which version of Firefox

you have). How on earth do I get those menus back?

Secondly the new Tab layout is a pain, I've turned off 'Tabs on top' but

the tabs are still in a sill place because the leftmost tab sits above

the sidebar, not above the web display area. Is there any way to get
back to the old layout where the tabs are actually above the pages they
refer to?

You're not in Full screen mode, right? Hit [F11] to toggle Full Screen
mode on/off...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818