Old 12-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Udvarias Ur

Default getting list of system hardware

Folks,

First, I would like to thank Gerry Boland for informing me about the
log in options available under the 'cog' of the login screen.

Second, I'd like to thank Dave Woyciesjes for the link to 'Things
To Tweak After Installing Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot...'
(http://www.webupd8.org/2011/10/things-to-tweak-after-installing-ubuntu.html).

The 'cog' menu gave me the options of loging in to:

a 'Recovery
Terminal' (Not very useful as it mounts the entire files
system as read only.)
Ubuntu
Ubuntu 2-D
Other, user
defined

After reading the
articles 'Things To Tweak...' I installed 'GNOME Tweak Tool' which
also installed the Gnome desktop and added the following to the
'cog' menu:

Gnome
Gnome (Classic)
Gnome (Classic,
no effects)

As I wanted to try
Gnome anyway, and all the more so due to the thread about Gnome 3,
this was very helpful.

Thank you both!

I question is: What command can I use to get a listing of all the
hardware in the system?

I'm curious about my own system and also would like to know for
remote maintenance purposes.

System Settings/ System info app only lists a general Overview of
the system, the Default Apps, and the Graphics driver.

--
Udvarias Ur

This letter was generated and sent from Thunderbird on Ubuntu Linux.