Old 12-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Liam Proven

Default workspace settings, auto boot into those worldliness

On Dec 3, 2011 10:40 PM, "Pongo A. Pan" <pongo_pan@fastmail.us> wrote:

> You still have to click on the icons in the launcher for these at

> start-time, but they auto-magically go to the correct virtual desktop

> and wiggle at you when they're ready. I don't think that there's a way

> to auto-start a whole bunch of things at log-on yet.

The logon or auto start programs control panel thing is still there in System Preferences, same as it was in GNOME 2. Works for me!

Can't remember the exact name - I am on my phone, far from my PC.

- Liam Proven

Old 12-04-2011, 06:30 PM
"Pongo A. Pan"

On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 18:45 +0000, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2011 10:40 PM, "Pongo A. Pan" <pongo_pan@fastmail.us> wrote:
> >
> > You still have to click on the icons in the launcher for these at
> > start-time, but they auto-magically go to the correct virtual desktop
> > and wiggle at you when they're ready. I don't think that there's a way
> > to auto-start a whole bunch of things at log-on yet.
>
> The logon or auto start programs control panel thing is still there in
> System Preferences, same as it was in GNOME 2. Works for me!
>
> Can't remember the exact name - I am on my phone, far from my PC.
>
> - Liam Proven

Maybe I've got some configuration thing wrong since I've messed around
with CSSM so much.... When I add things to the auto-startup thing
(whatever it's called -- I'm on Mint now and can't easily get to Ubuntu)
they all pile up on the first virtual desktop. There really needs to be
a better way to configure Unity than CSSM.

I have a pretty near pristine install of 12.04 Alpha-1 I can play with
this stuff on; if I have time I'll try it there.