Old 12-02-2011, 04:42 PM
LinuxIsOne

Default java unintalled but stil is there?

HI,

I have installed sun java from the software center and uninstalled
openJDK and icedtea java plugin from the software center, but still
when I run the command:

sudo update-alternatives --config java

I get the output as follows:

There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection Path Priority Status
* 0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java 1061 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java 1061 manual mode
2 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java 63 manual mode

Press enter to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:

If I have uninstalled openJDK and iced tea plugins and other javas,
and rebooted why it is showing me this that I have three versions of
java installed?

Thanks.

Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 AM
LinuxIsOne

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM, LinuxIsOne <linuxisone@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed sun java from the software center and uninstalled
> openJDK and icedtea java plugin from the software center, but still
> when I run the command:

> sudo update-alternatives --config java

> I get the output as follows:

> There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

> *Selection * *Path * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Priority * Status
> * 0 * * * * * */usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java * 1061 * * *auto mode
> *1 * * * * * */usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java * 1061 * * *manual mode
> *2 * * * * * */usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java * * * 63 * * * *manual mode

> Press enter to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number:

> If I have uninstalled openJDK and iced tea plugins and other javas,
> and rebooted why it is showing me this that I have three versions of
> java installed?

It is still the problem, how do I solve this...?