Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Richard Owlett

Default Thankyou - Hardware question from "fly-over country"

Richard Owlett wrote:

I'm in RURAL SW Missouri. A local used/surplus computer store is
offering a Dell Latitude D620 (4GB memory, 80GB hard drive, Intel Core
Duo @ 2.4 GHz) for ~$500. It reportedly has the majority of
manufacturer's warranty.

Any comments on how suitable a Linux platform this would be?

TIA

Thanks to various answers received I did enough research to
find the store was not telling me everything. Browsing
newegg.com indicates I should be able to get a NEW name
brand similar unit for the same or lower price. Someone
mentioned linux-laptop.net, it should give me an idea if any
choice I make is reasonable.

Thank you.