Old 11-30-2011, 06:26 AM
rikona

Default Does recoll work on the latest versions of Ubuntu?

Does recoll work on the latest versions of Ubuntu? Is it in the
repositories? If not, is there a comparable pgm for advanced, indexed
searching of disk file content? Maybe even something better? :-))

Thanks,

rikona

Old 11-30-2011, 04:59 PM
NoOp

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=recoll
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recoll

Old 11-30-2011, 08:44 PM
rikona

Hello NoOp,

Wednesday, November 30, 2011, 9:59:42 AM, NoOp wrote:

> On 11/29/2011 11:26 PM, rikona wrote:
>> Does recoll work on the latest versions of Ubuntu? Is it in the
>> repositories? If not, is there a comparable pgm for advanced, indexed
>> searching of disk file content? Maybe even something better? :-))

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=recoll
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/recoll

Thanks for the reply. I assume if it's listed in [1], it will run OK.
Since only one bug comes up in [2], I'll assume it actually works OK
too. :-) Since there isn't anything else listed, I'll assume, for now,
there is nothing better. :-)

A good search pgm is an important part of my distro decision. Beagle
was standard in Lucid, but I didn't like it as much as recoll. Nice to
see it's still there and presumably running OK.

Thanks for the info...

--

rikona