-   -   Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/604365-mozilla-firefox-thunderbird-fonts-ubuntu-11-04-a.html)

Billie Walsh 11-29-2011 04:34 PM

Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04

On 11/29/2011 06:18 AM, Nibir Mudai wrote:

The Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04 look very hazy
and lack sharpness. The fonts look very dull and doesn't give the
clarity as compared to MS Outlook. Also in Thunderbird email client, it
is not possible to choose the font size in digits. This option is very
much missing. However major issue is the font itself which doesn't look
acceptable. This needs to be fixed and improved to give a clear and
crisp view.

Refer to link below:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/35587/what-is-changed-in-fonts-configuration-from-10-10-to-11-04

Any suggestions??

Thanks// Nibir Mudai

Dear *ubuntu-users!* Get Yourself a cool, short *@in.com* Email ID now!
<http://secure.in.com/sso/commonreg.php?utm_source=invite&utm_medium=outgoin g>

I changed my Thunderbird fonts, although they only change in the view
area of the window. I set them, in Preferences > Display, to Arial and
18 point.

The fonts in Thunderbird and Firefox both are sharp and crisp on my
computer. I would suggest that you look through your screen and video
settings to see if the problem lies there. I also set my standard screen
fonts to Arial in the settings. I like the look and find Arial is much
easier to read than the standard Times font.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick Henry -

_ _... ..._ _
_._ ._ ..... ._.. ... .._

Colin Law 11-29-2011 06:54 PM

On 29 November 2011 12:18, Nibir Mudai <nibir.mudai@in.com> wrote:
> The Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04 look very hazy and
> lack sharpness. The fonts look very dull and doesn't give the clarity as
> compared to MS Outlook. Also in Thunderbird email client, it is not possible
> to choose the font size in digits. This option is very much missing. However
> major issue is the font itself which doesn't look acceptable. This needs to
> be fixed and improved to give a clear and crisp view.
>
> Refer to link below:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/35587/what-is-changed-in-fonts-configuration-from-10-10-to-11-04

Both fonts in the image you show in that link look fine to me. Have
you tried it yourself on another PC or monitor? An obvious question,
have you checked that you have the correct display resolution for your
display?

Colin